Hiring Church Employees
Title: HIRING CHURCH EMPLOYEES
Series: Church Office
Author: Genuine HR, the staff
Loyal Guide imprint
Published: June 2012
Book Details: A practical guidebook to successful hiring. Aimed at pastors, church leaders, and church office supervisors, this guidebook covers the whole hiring process. Hiring Church Employees covers everything from planning your staffing needs to advertising your job openings, from conducting interviews to completing New Hire paperwork.
Seminary or Bible school may not have covered church HR policies, staff management, or labor laws. It can be especially confusing when it comes to the hiring church employees. To help you with this task, we have designed this guidebook covering the many steps to a successful hiring.
Adding employees to a church or ministry should be an exciting time, yet too often a leader will find the experience frustrating. The aim of this guidebook is to alleviate those frustrations as we help you through the hiring process. We want you to get through it successfully, which means finding the right person for your staff opening.
Hiring Church Employees gets in-depth on the following topics:
1. Assessing your church staffing needs
2. Deciding what kind of person you want
3. How to advertise a job opening
4. Conducting good interviews
5. Picking the best person for the job
6. Day One Paperwork
In Hiring Church Employees, we consider legal issues, required paperwork, and practical solutions to common hiring problems. This guidebook also covers:
* Completing Government Forms (I-9, W-4, New Hire Reporting)
* Conducting Tests and Background Checks
* Learning how to Ask Good Questions
* Considering Other Options (Temps, Contractors, and more)
* Avoiding Flawed Candidates
* Creating Job Descriptions
* Classifying Employees Correctly
* Advertising Effectively
* Interviewing with Success
* Deciding on the Best Person to Hire
* Creating Offer Letters and “No Thank You” Letters
Hiring Church Employees will help senior pastors, elders, staff pastors, and church office supervisors. This practical and concise guidebook will lead you, step-by-step, to success in hiring.